There has been a Methodist presence in Sandbach, Sandbach Heath and Wheelock for over 200 years.
The current chapel on Wesley Avenue was opened in 1873 with the chapel in Wheelock built in 1874 and a refurbishment of the church hall in 1996.
The day school building was opened in 1911 and now houses Wheelock pre-school as well as providing additional rooms for church use.
The chapel at Sandbach Heath opened in 1905.
The school room on Chapel Street (Sandbach) was built in 1871 and was modernised and refurbished throughout in 2006 and became the Wesley Centre.
On 1 September 2020, Wheelock, Sandbach Heath and Sandbach Methodist Churches merged to become Unity Methodist Church.